At the core of our mission lies the pursuit of creating a better and more sustainable business, avoiding harm, benefiting stakeholders and contributing to society.
We believe that by leveraging our unique chemistry and innovative technologies, we can achieve these goals whilst simultaneously fostering an energetic, considerate and inclusive workplace.
Operating in the Infection prevention arena enables us to say that we do the right thing, and by ensuring we have a genuine and steadfast focus on ESG we are also be able to say that we do it in the right way.
The development of Tristel's ESG strategy:
October 2022 - December 2022
Identify ESG topics
We identified a set of relevant ESG topics for Tristel:
- Confirmed 17 ESG topics to form the foundation of Tristel's ESG strategy development
We uncovered the internal and external drivers of ESG for Tristel, via:
- PESTEL analysis
- Peer and competitor review
- Maturity assessment
- SWOT analysis
We engaged with internal and external stakeholders to understand their priorities:
- 15 discussions: seven internal and eight external stakeholders
January 2023 - February 2023
We established a framework for our ESG strategy:
- Six priority topics across three pillars of the ESG strategy
- Defined the vision and strategic objectives
Our Key Focus Areas
We commit to reducing our carbon footprint and achieving net zero emissions to address climate change.
To achieve this goal, we will develop a roadmap outlining our strategy and timeline for implementing sustainable practices and technologies whilst engaging stakeholders. We will regularly monitor and report progress.
- Achieve net zero emissions for scopes 1 & 2 by 2030
- Achieve net zero emissions for scopes 1, 2 & 3 by 2045 in line with the NHS’s net zero target
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
We commit to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, respected, valued and included.
By promoting diversity, equality and inclusion, we aim to create a workplace that leverages the unique perspectives and experiences of our workforce, driving innovation and organisational success
- Maintain a balanced representation of women in management positions
- Identify opportunities to embed apprenticeship and post retirement age career schemes
Fair and Decent Work
We value our employees and commit to providing them with the tools, resources and support needed to reach their full potential. By investing in our workforce's professional development and career growth, we believe our organisation will continue to thrive and achieve its goals whilst fostering a positive work environment.
- Gender pay equality
- Maintain entitlement to family-related leave for all employees
- Pay at least the national real living wage to all employees
- Provide significant training and development opportunities to all staff, through the implementation of a learning and development system
Health, Safety, and Wellbeing
We commit to providing a safe work environment that prioritises the health and wellbeing of our employees. By doing so, we aim to create a positive workplace culture that fosters productivity, job satisfaction and employee retention.
- Achieve a monthly incident-free rate of over 95%
- Achieve a monthly accident-free rate of over 95%
- Have no major incidents
- Provide healthcare and wellbeing support schemes to all staff
As part of our commitment to sustainable practices, we will not only be streaming all waste from our facilities and processing it in an environmentally friendly manner, but we will also reduce the waste generated from the use of our products.
Additionally, we will develop recycled, recyclable or reusable packaging for our products, in order to further minimise their environmental impact.
- To package all products using reusable or readily recyclable material